Born in Taldykorgan (Kazakhstan) in 1953. Graduated from the Kharkiv Institute of Design and Arts (now the Kharkiv State Academy of Design and Arts).
In 2001, Sydorenko founded and headed the Modern Art Research Institute of the Academy of Arts of Ukraine. Professor, PhD in art (2005).
In 2003, he represented Ukraine at the 50th Venice Biennale with the solo project Millstones of Time.
In 2007, he co-curated the Ukrainian pavilion at the 52nd Venice Biennale (with Oleksandr Soloviov), and was commissar at the 55th Venice Biennale.
Selected One-Person Exhibitions
- 2018 — Acquiring Subjectivity, Voloshyn Gallery, Kyiv / Ukraine
- 2018 — Atonal Reality, Odessa Museum of Western and Oriental Art
- 2017 — The Beach and Coast, National Museum «Kiev Art Gallery», Kyiv / Ukraine
- 2016 — research project Memory of the Unconscious, Woodrow Wilson Center / Memorial Hall / USA
- 2012 — Levitation, Black Square Gallery, Miami / USA
- 2010 — Millstones of Time, Black Square Gallery, Miami / USA
- 2010 — Levitation, Taiss Gallery, Paris / France
- 2008 — Authentification, Taiss Gallery, Paris / France
- 2004 — Millstones of Time, National Art Museum of Ukraine / Kyiv
- 2003 — Millstones of Time, 50th Venice Biennale
Selected Group Exhibitions
- 2017, 2007 — Traverse Video, X International Video Festival, Toulouse / France
- 2014, 2013 — Premonition: Ukrainian Art Now, Saatchi Gallery, London / UK
- 2012 — Myth: Ukrainian Baroque, National Art Museum of Ukraine, Kyiv / Ukraine
- — Context Art Miami, Black Square Gallery, Miami / USA
- — MIA, Miami International Art Fair, Miami / USA
- 2011 — Galerie Albert Benamou, Paris / France
- 2010 — Arthamptons, Mironova Gallery, New York / USA
- — Scope Art Show Basel, Mironova Gallery, Basel / Switzerland
- 2009 — Art Paris, Taiss Gallery, Paris / France
- — Conversation, Acqualina, Miami International Art Fair, Miami / USA
- 2004 — Faster Than History — Museum of Contemporary Art KIASMA. Helsinki / Finland
- — Smithsonian Hirshhorn Museum, Washington, DC / USA
- 2003 — Blood: Lines and Connections — Museum of Contemporary Art, Denver / USA (http://www.cydneypayton.com/list-of-selected-exhibitions/)